Financial Reporting Analyst
LifeStance Health is a private equity-backed, behavioral health company focused on providing medically driven, evidenced-based treatment services for children, adolescents and adults suffering from mental health issues in a variety of settings. LifeStance is backed by TPG Capital and is pursuing an aggressive acquisition and de novo growth strategy to drive expansion.
LifeStance is led by successful healthcare entrepreneurs, who among other things, started and scaled Accelecare Wound Centers, one of the nation’s largest providers of outpatient wound care services. Under their leadership and with the support of two leading private equity firms, LifeStance is acquiring and developing successful behavioral health practices across the United States and, in doing so, working to provide the best mental health care available.
As part of this strategy, LifeStance seeks to identify and recruit ‘up-and-coming’ talent eager to join a growth stage company to work closely with an experienced team dedicated to providing the highest quality of care and compassion to individuals with mental health issues.
About the job:
We are looking for an ambitious Financial Reporting Analyst who is passionate about playing a critical role in a company poised to innovate the healthcare services sector and reach stratospheric levels of growth and success. You should be customer centric, enjoy challenges, possess a proactive, entrepreneurial approach to getting things done in a less structured but highly collegial environment and be able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances and have the opportunity to grow your duties and responsibilities commensurate with the growth of the company.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in creating and improving financial reporting processes
- Assist in tactical & strategic financial planning which may including helping stakeholders assess actual financial results to budgeted variances and tracking the performance of KPIs and other key business metrics
- Assist in agile and annual budgeting process, including cash flow forecasting
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis including cash, accounts receivables, fixed assets and other accruals and liabilities
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc., as needed
- Assist with acquisition integration planning which could include creating standard templates, gathering information, migrating legacy reporting systems and tracking the acquired targets’ performance
- Assist and prepare various tax filings
- Prepare registration for new legal entities with associated Secretary of State offices and State informational reporting (annual reports)
- Assist in annual audit preparation
- Perform other duties, special projects and tasks as needed
Qualifications and experience:
- 4+ years of relevant finance & accounting experience, with a balance of public practice experience at a reputable audit firm or relevant industry experience (preferably at a company with multi-sites/locations revenue centers)
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier accredited University or College in Accounting, Business, Finance or a related field. CPA, CGA, CMA preferred.
- Customer service oriented, with a commitment to professionalism and teamwork
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy in fast paced environment and meet critical deadlines
- Advanced Excel and analytic skills
- Unassailable integrity and strong work ethic
- Willingness and flexibility to work long days and weekends to meet deadlines
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience and working knowledge of NetSuite, Quickbooks and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems (preferred)
- Experience in setting up new systems, general ledger and/or account sub-ledgers (preferred)
- Experience in integrating financial reporting systems and consolidating financial results (preferred)