Insurance Benefits Specialist
Pacific Coast Psychiatric Associates is staffing for full-time Insurance Benefits Specialist in Walnut Creek, California. This is a great opportunity for individuals to gain experience in the medical administration field. The Insurance Benefits Specialist focuses on verifying the insurance benefits and coverage of new and existing patients and clients. They work very closely with the Intake and Billing departments to help facilitate a smooth registration process for our clients and patients. This position requires excellent phone communication skills, knowledge of Excel or other spreadsheet programs and an understanding of basic computer skills. This position is an integral part of the billing and intake process and requires attention to detail, tact, friendliness and empathy when communicating with patients about their benefits and insurance coverage.
- Assisting the Billing department with phone calls and taking payments.
- Assisting the Billing department with various project when time permits.
- Calling insurance companies and using electronic tools to verify insurance benefits.
- Updating patient charts when they change insurance or other demographic info.
- Answering insurance coverage and benefits questions.
- Careful documentation of patient and client benefits.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Training or work experience in Billing preferred
- Excellent at time management and prioritizing tasks.
- Familiar with electronic tools
- Friendly yet assertive
- Good multi-tasker
- Ability to work under pressure