Insurance Claims and AR Specialist
Pacific Coast Psychiatric Associates is staffing for full-time Insurance Claims and AR Specialist for our San Francisco offices. This is a great opportunity for individuals to gain experience in the medical administration field. The Insurance Claims and AR Specialist focuses on the resubmission, reprocessing and correcting of denied or rejected insurance claims. They also closely follow Insurance Claim aging and perform weekly follow-up on any insurance claims older than 30 days. This position requires excellent phone communication skills, knowledge of Excel or other spreadsheet programs and an understanding of basic computer skills. This billing position is an integral part of the billing process and requires attention to detail, tact, friendliness and empathy when communicating with patients about their balances and insurance coverage. Knowledge of CPT codes and dealing with commercial insurance companies is required. This position can sit in either Walnut Creek or San Francisco.
- Resubmission and reprocessing of denied or rejected insurance claims
- Sending corrected insurance claims.
- Tracking Insurance Aging AR and follow-up of any claims over 30 days old.
- Contacting patients when their claims are denied due to Termination and lapse in coverage.
- Contacting Patients and clients when they require an authorization, referral or coordination of benefits. Updating patient charts when they change insurance or other demographic info.
- Taking payments over the phone from patients when necessary.
- Careful documentation of patient insurance and insurance company communications.
- Answering patient and client insurance questions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, Billing Training or Experience Preferred
- Excellent at time management and prioritizing tasks.
- Familiar with electronic tools and CPT codes
- Friendly yet assertive
- Good multi-tasker
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to effectively communicate with insurance companies
- Able to act calmly and friendly with patient and clients over the phone and in person.