Patient AR and Collections Specialist
Pacific Coast Psychiatric Associates is staffing for full-time Patient AR and Collections Specialist in Walnut Creek, California. This is a great opportunity for individuals to gain experience in the medical administration field. The Patient AR and Collections Specialist focuses on the collections and management of all patient responsible balances. This job is integral to the whole billing cycle at PCPA. We are looking for compassionate and goal-driven people who have a great work ethic and want to advance in their careers. This position has lots of room for growth and advancement within the company. This position can sit in either Walnut Creek or San Francisco.
- Monitor Patient AR by generating an AR report twice a month.
- Contact any patients with balances
- Patient balance notices twice a month (send to portals with appropriate message depending on the age of the balance)
- Monitor Patient Collections: after 45 days of non-payment, for declined balances and late fees, the patient is contacted per our collection rules and protocols.
- Charging patient NSLX fees, self-pay amounts, late fees, past due balances and portal fees as needed.
- Patient Refunds: refunds due to insurance overpayment and one-time courtesy refunds are forwarded to Accounting for processing. Mail checks or process CC refunds as needed.
- Setting up and tracking payment plans
- Send accounts to collections: Patients that have not paid their responsible balances and have been contacted per PCPA collection protocol and rules will be sent to an independent collection agency.
- Helping Patients with CC set up in portal.
- Updating new insurance on file as needed
- Answering Patient inquiries in person and in EMR messaging.
- Answering Doctor and Therapist questions and requests in EMR Messaging
- Prepare bi-monthly patient AR reports for review with BILLING MANAGER
- Finalize Self-pay encounters so that fees can be charged and applied.
- Weekly Meetings with Billing Manager and Director of Operations to discuss Insurance and patient issues
- Weekly Meetings with Billing Manager to discuss weekly goals and workflow issues.
- Taking payments and issuing refunds
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, Billing Training or Experience Preferred
- Excellent at time management and prioritizing tasks.
- Familiar with electronic tools and CPT codes
- Friendly yet assertive
- Good multi-tasker
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to effectively and compassionately communicate with patients and clients
- Able to act calmly and friendly with patient and clients over the phone and in person.