LifeStance Health is a private equity-backed, behavioral health company focused on providing medically driven, evidenced-based treatment services for adolescents and adults suffering from mental health issues in a variety of settings. LifeStance is backed by TPG Capital and is pursuing an aggressive acquisition and de novo growth strategy to drive expansion.
LifeStance is led by successful healthcare entrepreneurs, who among other things, started and scaled Accelecare Wound Centers, one of the nation’s largest providers of outpatient wound care services. Under their leadership and with the support of two leading private equity firms, LifeStance is acquiring and developing successful behavioral health practices across the United States and, in doing so, working to provide the best mental health care available.
As part of this strategy, LifeStance seeks to identify and recruit ‘up-and-coming’ talent eager to join a growth stage company to work closely with an experienced team dedicated to providing the highest quality of care and compassion to individuals with mental health issues.
We are looking for a highly capable Medical Transcriptionist to transcribe voice recordings of medical consultations and procedures. In this role, you will be responsible for transcribing audio files, editing speech recognition transcripts, and formatting transcription reports. You may also be required to enter medical reports into electronic health record systems (AdvancedMD). This role would be based out of our Sandy Springs office.
- Listening to the recorded dictation of behavioral health clinicians.
- Using specialized transcription equipment such as headsets and foot pedals.
- Editing and correcting medical dictation performed by speech recognition software.
- Converting transcribed diagnostic test results, procedures, and consultation notes into applicable report formats.
- Ensuring uncompromised patient care by transcribing fast and accurately, as well as performing thorough editing.
- Typing out the full forms of medical abbreviations and acronyms, as well as the formal versions of medical jargon.
- Identifying and following up on inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a transcribed report.
- Submitting transcriptions to healthcare professionals for their approval in a timely manner.
- Performing additional tasks such as following up and revising patient history, as well as entering medical reports into electronic health records systems.
- Protecting patient confidentiality and adhering to legal requirements.
- Post-secondary training in Medical Transcription.
- Certification as a Healthcare Documentation Specialist would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Medical Transcriptionist, or similar.
- Proficiency in Electronic Health Record systems is required; experience in AdvancedMD is preferred.
- Ability to transcribe accurately and maintain a minimum typing speed of 65 words per minute.
- Experience with specialized transcription equipment and voice recognition software.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and jargon, as well as editing practice.
- Keen attention to detail in order not to compromise patient care.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and meet legal requirements.
- Exceptional written communication skills and knowledge of medical record formats.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States
- LifeStance is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Demonstrates awareness, inclusivity, sensitivity, humility, and experience in working with individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other various aspects of culture.