Gwen Bohn, LCSW
Provider Type: Therapist
Provider Gender: Female
Gwen Bohn, LCSW
Gwen Bohn is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who specializes in working with children, adolescents, and young adult women.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts and Masters in Teaching from the University of Virginia in 2000. She then earned her Masters in Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2002.
Areas of specialty include anxiety (including OCD), mood disorders, ADHD/ADD, stress management, parenting education, and healthy relationships. Preferred modalities include behavior modification, cognitive behavioral strategies, and mindfulness techniques.
Gwen strongly believes in a holistic approach to care. She begins therapy by attempting to build a strong rapport with her clients, focusing on strengths and offering unconditional positive regard. Gwen considers how patientsâ€™ unique backgrounds shape their strengths, challenges and behaviors, and strives to match this information with effective treatment strategies. She routinely works with parents on ways they can support their children, and often coordinates care with patients’ other practitioners.
Gwen has experience working in school, community, and private practice settings. Prior to private practice, she worked at Chesterfield Mental Health and is a member of the National Association for Social Workers.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Challenges
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Aetna Better Health*Medicaid*
- Anthem Healthkeepers Plus*Medicaid*
- Anthem Ppo &
- Beacon Health Options*Value Options*
- Cigna Behavioral
- Cigna Cisco
- Cigna Connect
- Cigna Great West
- Cigna Ppo
- Cigna Samba
- Cigna Surefit
- Health Family Care Hmo*Medicaid*
- Humana Gold
- Magellan Behavioral Health*Commercial*
- Magellan Behavioral Health*Medicaid*
- Magellan Complete Care Of Virginia*Medicaid*
- Medicare Railroad
- Optima Health Community Care*Medicaid*
- Optima Health/Lason
- Tricare *For Life*
- Tricare Prime*Humana Military*
- Tricare Select*Humana Military*
- Ubh/Uhc/Onenet Ppo/Optum Healthcare/Golden Rule/Geha/Umr
- United Healthcare Community Plan*Medicaid*
- Virginia Premier*Medicaid*